There are many things to consider when choosing your windows & doors……
- Style – What style are you trying to achieve? Modern or contemporary?
- Ventilation – Do you want to maximise airflow or simply frame a view?
- Position – What style is optimal for the position of the window? e.g Sliding windows or Double hung (up and down sashes) are more suited to a verandahs or external paths as Casements or Awnings will have the sashes jutting out.
- Flyscreens – Do you perfer them on the inside or the outside?
- Final Finishing products – oil, Sikkens or paint or a combination ? eg Paint on the outside and oil on the inside.
- Blinds and Shutters – do you want to have blinds and shutters inside the window frame or have them sitting on the architrave? What thickness are your walls?
- Hardware – What colour? Does it need to match existing or door hardware?
- Style – What style are you trying to achieve? Modern or contemporary? Do you want to expand your living space with Bi-folds doors (which can now have sliding screens!!) We will make any style of door you like. We can show examples of different styles in the photo gallery or you can bring in your own design
- Position – What style is optimal for the position of the Door? e.g decks – would sliding doors be a better option than French or hinged doors if outdoor furniture is nearby? Do you want your doors to open to 90 degrees or 180 degrees?
- Flyscreen doors – or do you want flyscreen doors as well. French – will the flyscreens open out and the doors inwards or vice-versa. Have you got internal furniture nearby – would sliders be a better option?
- Installation – does your builder have the skill to swing your new door on its hinges or would you like us to provide this service before you door and frame leaves the workshop?]
- Hardware – Have you chosen the colour and style of your locks and handles? Would you like us to fit the hardware for you (at and additional cost).